Saturday, August 24, 2013

♡ Formula 10.0.6 Cooling mask review ♡

♡ Aloha Lovelies! ♡
It's been quite some time since my last review, so as I was sitting around thinking for a post idea, this product hit me, not literally of course. 
Unfortunately, todays review won't be a rave. It's not so much of a rant either. Quite honestly, I haven't really seen much of a difference in my skin since using this product, and the experience isn't anything exciting either.

The "Keep your cool breakout calming mask, peppermint + coconut" from Formula 10.0.6 claims to "instantly" reduce the appearance of nasty breakouts. I can tell you one thing, it does not do that...not in the slightest. 
I had a particularly nasty breakout after I accidentally slept in my makeup on a plane (terrible mix), and no matter what I did, my pimples refused to budge.

I picked up this mask from "Big Chemist" when it was on sale (I believe the original price was $8), expecting it to be a peel-off mask and to be somewhat soothing to my sore, red face. Unfortunately, it didn't help much. It did give a slightly cooling effect which was nice, but like I said, it didn't make my breakout disappear.

The formula is a white, creamy gel. The amount you use is optional, but considering that using it in small amounts doesn't seem to do much anyway, generous amounts won't hurt.

The packaging advises you either leave this mask on underneath your makeup, or put it on at night time before you go to bed, to leave it sit over night. 

The scent is nice, especially for those mint lovers out there. I can't really smell the coconut in it - which is unfortunate because I love me some coconut -, but the fragrance is still nice.


I think this product might be somewhat helpful if you are prone to sunburn, so it may just become an item that I will take with me on holidays where I'm spending some time in the sun, just in case...

All in all, I wasn't very impressed with this product, as it didn't do anything for me. On the bright side, it didn't breakout or irritate my face when using it.

I don't really recommend this particular mask from the Formula.10.0.6 mask line, but if you're desperate for something to soothe sore skin, you might want to at least try this guy.



That's it for now! I'm sorry I haven't been posting, school is catching up with me. But I have done some photo-taking and there are several posts lined up. I'm going to try and do my best with balancing my life with blogging now. 

Until next time, Lots of love, 


No comments:

Post a Comment