Thursday, June 26, 2014

Joico's K-Pak Protect & Shine serum // R E V I E W


Hello everyone!

I've always struggled with dry hair and terrible split ends, and have gone through a fair share of "nourishing" hair products. It's not often that I find a product that I can settle on and incorporate into a hair routine for an extended period of time. I definitely have very fussy hair, and something either works or doesn't with it.

I've briefly mentioned before how happy I am with Moroccan oil products, so with the assistance of them and this hair serum, I've found my hair to be a lot stronger and softer.


I'm currently using this once a week in junction with Morrocan Oil's shampoo, conditioner and original oil, along with a Schwarzkopf  hair mask. 

I have used it on its own before to see exactly how it works by itself, but I find it works best when paired with the aforementioned products. I apply two pumps to the ends and work it up to two thirds of my damp hair. Any further upwards and I find it makes my hair the next day looks slightly greasy.

I'll admit that I abuse my hair with heat styling on a weekly basis, so ensuring that my hair is protected as possible is an essential component in my hair care routine. I always make sure to use heat protectant before the styling, however I find that using this serum the night before not only holds the style for the next few days, but also is a further barrier to the heat.

As for the "shine" component, and considering how I'm someone with rather dry and dull hair, I can definitely prove a success in that department. I find it makes my hair appear to be slightly more golden (I have warm-toned blonde hair) and this effect lasts a few days also.


Another little bonus is how long the serum lasts. In store prices range from $17 upwards, but I wouldn't rush in to buying one that sells for more than $30. Make sure to check out Woolworths (if you're Australian) or Target.
If any of you guys know where to buy cheaper Joico products, please comment below as it will be helpful to other readers :) 

All in all, I was definitely pleased with this product, and will be repurchasing it in the future.

I want to hear your thoughts on this if you've tried it! Or if you're able to recommend me another amazing hair product to help me out, please comment! 

Until next time, lots of love,



3 comments:

  1. No problem! Glad you liked it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved the sound of this brand and find it so luxurious :) really like the sound of this but not sure if it will go well as I have oily skin :( xx

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! And that's okay, because it's for your hair! haha xxx

      Delete