Sunday, October 5, 2014

My Overall Opinion // STYLE TALK #5


Hello lovelies! I hope you're well,

Many of us are going into a season where overalls can still be worn. They're a great and effortless way of throwing together a comfy and casual outfit. Today I'm styling three different pairs of overalls: your conventional denim, a white and a striped pair. 

Tough as Nails

When styling a central item with stripes - or many other patterns for that matter - it's crucial to ensure that all your other pieces are of a neutral nature. I chose a ribbed, long-sleeved black crop to wear under the overalls and a camel shaded coat for those in a cooler climate. To accessorise, I chose a black felt fedora, a pair of black boots and some silver rings for added glam. 



 VERA MODE

With white pieces I like to make a solid base and work with colour from thereon out. I thought it would be fun to turn a super casual piece into a glamorous LFW inspired outfit (can you tell I'm still a tad excited about London Fashion Week? Despite me actually not attending...). I created a neutral base with a white collared blouse beneath the white overalls, and some heeled black ankle boots for contrast. I then layered again with the same coat from above for the same reason. I chose a black backpack and some black circle lensed sunnies to tie in with the black boots, and a burgundy fedora for added colour and add to the autumnal vibe. 




 Stripe it out

My last outfit involves the traditional blue denim overalls. These are of a slightly light-wash kind. The traditional kind of overalls can be worn with a wide range of personal styles. For my own styling, I chose this striped crop and some black platform heels for some heaviness, and some white circle lenses to inject a tad more of casualness to the outfit. To layer, I decided on this leather jacket to contrast with the softer vibe of this outfit. 

BURBERRY leather jacket

How do you style your overalls? Which of the above outfits were your favourites?

Until next time, lots of love,

Bloglovin  ⎜ Twitter  Youtube  ⎜  Polyvore ⎜ Instagram







No comments:

Post a Comment