Saturday, August 9, 2014

Naked 3 Palette // R E V I E W


Hello everyone! 

Today's posting is a review I've been very excited to do for you. I received this beautiful palette from my awesomesauce friend in the past holidays, and have been using it on a daily basis ever since. 

It's non other than the highly-hyped "Naked 3" palette from Urban Decay.






Any product to acquire such a large amount of hype takes a while to land itself into my collection. Especially considering that this product is hard to get your hands on if you live in Australia like myself (due to the crazy shipping prices and websites that seem to have a disinclination to sending their products down under), I thought I would never get to try it out. So a mega thank you to Jade for sending it my way.
(Ps. Sorry if you were waiting for more of our holiday vlogs, there was a problem with the footage we took on the last few days, and quite frankly not enough to make an interesting vlog worthwhile watching). 


They translate beautifully onto my skin, and are incredibly pigmented, and surprisingly don't leave a lot of fall out. 
Instead of giving an in-depth review on each shade, I'll leave a quick little summary and what I use them for:
Strange: A beautiful highlighting shade that I sweep across my brow bone and inner corners of my eyes. It's also nice to add onto the centre of your lid for dimension.
Dust: As the name suggests, Dust is a chunky glitter that I love to add in my inner corner for a sprinkle of glitter 
Burnout: It didn't show up well in the photo, but burnout is a gorgeous base lid shade with a touch of shimmer.
Limit: Another base shade, very natural.
Buzz: A beautiful dusty rose shade for a neutral, soft look.
Trick: A gold shimmer shadow. I love to sweep this across my lower lash line.
Nooner: Lately I've been using this one as a brow powder, mixed with a touch of dark side. Nooner is also another great base shade.
Liar: I'd say that this is very similar in nature to buzz or even burnout. This time, is more of a grey/pink. 
Factory: A dark bronze shimmer shade, perfect for contouring.
Mugshot: A grey version of liar. I like to use this across my lower lash line also.
Darkside: An all-rounder. I use this one (as I mentioned before) on my brows, in my crease and as a liner.
Blackheart: A stunning dark grey that almost translates as a purple due to the pinky/orange/gold flecks of glitter. Awesome as a liner and to touch in the crease.


The most used shades for me are Strange, Limit, Nooner, Factory, Darkside and Blackheart, if you were curious.

If you want a little tutorial on how I use this Naked palette, let me know down in the comments below. 



As for the brush, boy am I surprised at how much I've found myself loving it. The fluffier end is great for buffing and the thinner end is perfect for lining and more precise work with the eyeshadow.
It's also quite soft, which is always a huge bonus.

I hope you all found this review helpful! If you've given this palette a go (or for that matter, any of the Naked palettes from Urban Decay), let me know of your thoughts in the comments below.

Until next time, lots of love,




No comments:

Post a Comment