Friday, November 1, 2013

♡ Halloween ♡

♡ Hello Everyone! ♡

I did something a little different this year, and that was celebrating halloween. I've never gone trick or treating, so as you can tell I was extremely excited to go for the first time (Yes, at age 14).
So I wanted to share with you some pictures of my costume, and some little tips that I have learnt from it.


I decided to go as a character from one of my favourite TV shows - Red Coat aka. Alison/Cece (I prefered to be Alison but to earn my spooky bad points, I was Cece...)


Unfortunately, I didn't have time to get a close up of both my friend (Georgia) and my own face, because there was a lot of work that went into the makeup department.
Georgia went as Tate Langdon from American Horror Story.
The makeup & hair:

Georgia - All she used here was a heck of a lot of face paint, patience and time. I can't give you the brands of her face paint, and it would be pointless as it was cheap stuff anyway, but it lasted her through the night. As for her hair...because she's not a short haired boy (or is she...kidding Georgia. I joke) she tied it back.

Me - To replicate Alison's look I put a lot of time into my hair, and less into my makeup. I have no idea where Alison gets the time to curl her hair so perfectly when she's on the run all the time.
Obviously, as you can tell, I curled my hair. However, to save a little extra time, I left the top of my hair alone, and went for just two thirds of the bottom section of my hair, then curling my front sections so it appeared as if more effort went into it. Then, I sealed it in with some hairspray (yeah, I wish. I actually ran out of hairspray and had to use gel...not fun and extremely messy)
As for the makeup, Alison has deeper-set eyes, so I did some contouring in my crease, and some inner-corner highlighting with a sparkly white shadow. I finished the eyes with a winged eyeliner (using  my maybelline Eyestudio gel liner in charcoal) and several generous coats of the Falsies mascara.
Alison (Sasha) has flawless skin, and a slim face, so I was sure to ensure that I covered up all my blemishes and set in my foundation with some loose face powder. I also did a little contouring with my all time favourite bronzer - Dream Terra sun by Maybelline.
Finally, to bring the look together, for the lips I couldn't use any other colour except that infamous red. So I dabbed on the Rimmel Apocalips in 'Stellar', then used a dark red Chi Chi lipgloss over the top.

Costume:

Georgia: When you see Tate hauntingly walking down the halls of his school whistling the tune from Kill Bill (excuse me if my facts are wrong, its all second-handed, I don't watch it myself), he's sporting heavy clothing, generally black clothing, big boots and his coat.
As you can see, Georgia is wearing roughly the same thing he is.

Me: What else could I wear except a red coat? Even though I look "more like Rain Coat" (quote by Georgia), It was still close to what you see Alison in. I had to sinch it in at the waist to give myself a figure, and bring in the thick, bulky sleeves by sewing the inside.
I paired the coat with some thin black leggings, and as I didn't have any black heels, I just wore some black converse instead.

All in all:
If you live somewhere where Halloween is in a hot month DO NOT WHERE WHAT I DID. I was dripping in sweat (TMI, sorry) by the end of the night, but still I had heaps of fun.

So thank you to Georgia, and to the lovely lady at the market for giving me a good price on this coat, because I had a really great Halloween.

I hope all of you did too! I would absolutely love it if you all linked below any photos or posts you may have of what you wore on Halloween!

Until next time, Lots of Love,


2 comments:

  1. This looked great! I'm still confused as to whether that first picture is your costume or not! haha! I love seeing people transform themselves for Halloween, especially when they have done such a great job like you!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! What a compliment :) thank you! No that first picture is the beautiful Sasha Pieterse as the amazing Red Coat :) xoxo

      Delete