Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Remington : Keratin Therapy straightener // REVIEW




Hello fellow blog trotters...what an intro. I hope you're well!

As promised in my post where I reviewed my two favourite heat defence sprays (which you can find here), today I bring to you a review on a hair straightener that has wiggled its way into my heart...okay that sounded better in my head.

If you're a devoted reader of my blog, you might have gathered how unmanageable my natural hair is. It's not a fun task to do my hair in the morning, and because its so hard to deal with and because I tend to sleep in and end up rushing my morning routine, I don't spare a lot of time to work with my hair. Also, unless I'm working with a hair style that requires curling my hair, I always straighten my hair before styling. Therefore, I need a hair straightener that is going to be kinder to my hair, and faster to use. Luckily, I found just the straightener, and I'm rather excited to share it with you!

Remington's Keratin Therapy hair straightener sorts out my unruly locks within less than ten minutes - about half the time I spend using my GHD. It's also half the price of the infamous GHD's, selling for around $100 (I was incredibly lucky to score this baby for only $20 in a clearance sale at Myer). 

Keratin seems to be in almost everything big in hair care at the moment. That's because it's one of the most effective ingredients to create uber healthy, strong hair. Luckily, my hair is rather partial to this wonder ingredient, and therefore thrives with any product containing it. This straightener is no exception. The straightener's ceramic coated plates are infused with keratin micro conditioners which are released into each strand with every use.

To save us both the time of length descriptions of this straightener, here is a list of features from their site:


  • Up to 57% more protection from damage and breakage*
(The straightener has a sensor in between the plates that detects moisture levels in your hair, meaning it can change it's settings to protect your hair even further, unlike other hair straighteners where it would fry your locks)

  • Keratin Protective Technology = Advanced Keratin Ceramic coating and exclusive Heat Protection Sensor
  • Heat Protection Sensor on/off button with indicator icon
  • Integrated digital display, 5 settings 160°C - 230°C
  • Fast 15 seconds heat up – beeps when ready
  • Longer length 110mm plates
  • Floating plate for even pressure on the hair during styling
  • Temperature key lock function
  • Turbo boost function
  • Automatic safety shut off
  • Plate lock for storage
  • Luxury heat resistant storage pouch
  • Worldwide voltage
  • Swivel cord




I hope you all enjoyed this post! Have you used this straightener before? Do you have one that is equally as good that you can recommend to me? Let me know in the comments below!

Until next time, lots of love,
                           


Polyvore  ⎜ Bloglovin ⎜ Twitter ⎜ Youtube ⎜ Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment